Sourcing / Purchasing
ZYCI is a high end CNC machining business located in Chamblee, Georgia that produces precision machined components. We are AS9100 certified and serve a variety of industries including aerospace, defense, robotics, medical device, firearm and animatronics. We work in a wide variety of materials including exotic alloys, and plastics. We move with urgency to obtain the optimal blend of manufacturing speed, cost and quality, while applying our core values in all that we do. We are seeking an intelligent thinker with analytical skills, high emotional intelligence and a great attitude to fill the important role of sourcing and purchasing.
This position will be responsible for maintaining the required materials and MRO items used to support the production of CNC machined parts. It will also be responsible for supporting customer service, scheduling, and other manufacturing related items.
Manages the day-to-day activities for the procurement of raw materials, metal finishing services, hardware, and tooling to ensure uninterrupted supply to the manufacturing process.
- Establish contact with approved suppliers, obtain quotes and negotiate price, quantity, delivery dates, and terms and conditions of purchase.
- Process orders and coordinate shipments for raw materials and outsource services in a timely manner to meet production needs.
- Coordinate with Customer Service and Production for expediting material orders and update departments with any material delays for customer orders.
- Process orders for tooling, equipment and shop supplies as requested.
- Provide assistance to Estimating/Sales team including pricing and supplier research, outsource and material selection options
- Maintain purchasing files including overseeing the accurate filing of material certifications (MTR) and SDS files
- Work with Quality to resolve non-conforming raw material issues; process any RMA’s for raw material and resolve quantity issues with vendors.
- Assess vendor capabilities, develop alternate sources; evaluate vendor performance; complete annual vendor scorecards and submit to suppliers.
- Maintain perpetual inventory as well as physical counts and adjustments in ERP system.
- Enter new part numbers into the inventory system and update material data and pricing as needed.
ZYCI is a precision component machining company with diverse capabilities serving a variety of industries including aerospace, defense, robotics, medical device and animatronics. We work in a wide variety of materials including exotic alloys and even plastics. We move with urgency to obtain the optimal blend of manufacturing speed, cost and quality, while applying our core values in all that we do.
Skills and Specifications:
- Effective oral and written communications and presentation skills are essential, as are interpersonal skills.
- The ability to perform best value analyzes and strategically plan
- The ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues is required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Education and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate should have a background purchasing or manufacturing engineering in a machine shop environment, preferably with knowledge of purchasing metals and tooling.
- Comfortable and fast with technology such as spreadsheets, email, ERP systems, etc..
- Must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must not have any felonies